View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 04:06 PM   #5
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Acock's Wrap Up: Wisconsin

Quote:
One time in college I was carrying around 18 hours. That might not seem like a lot to you guys, but to me it was the most hours I had ever taken, and three of those classes were three-hour long studio art classes. It was brutal. For about a two week-stretch, I began missing one of my 8am classes. Either I'd worked late the night before, or I needed to go down to the shop to fabricate a sculpture project...either way I just somehow missed it for two straight weeks. So much so that missing it became routine. After the second week of missing the course I resolved to drop it...and then PROMPTLY FORGOT ABOUT THE COURSE. I mean... I didn't even think of it again until about 3 weeks later when I saw the textbook and realized in horror that I had forgot about it. It was past the drop date, so I was screwed. I found the professor's office hours, explained the situation to him, apologized, and asked if there was ANYTHING I could do.

He thought for a moment and said, "I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to give you an F. Honestly, I'd really love to be able to give you a different grade, but the truth is F is the lowest grade I can possible give you. I'd give you a Z if I could, but F is as low as they'll go."
This is a recurring nightmare I have, and I will probably have it again tonight.

Thanks Acock.