View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 04:18 PM   #16
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 1990-1999 vs 2010-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybusiness2 View Post
I too know what the old days were like. The crap we caught from Clemson after their national title was bought. The heartbreak of the loss to Navy.

We have come along way. I never thought I would see 3 11 win seasons. But three in a row... WOW... We still have a ways to go. But to think of where we have risen from. It is mind blowing...

My only wish is that the Good Lord will let me stick around long enough to see the National Title Trophy lifted in WB.
Cockybusiness, I'm with you. I'm an 81 grad who got to where I didn't know if I'd ever see this kind of success. So many heartbreaks.

While Lou did great I guess the expectations were so high that he could never fulfill them. The events when he left just took the air out of me.

My hopes were so high when the HBC took over. I worked in Florida for years while he was there and saw how he not only lifted a program that had never won much, but also lifted a fan base. The middle years of his reign here kind made me wonder if we would ever get to the elite level.

He persevered, we believed, and now we have an elite program. No we haven't won the SEC, but we are a legitimate contender every year. Georgia and Florida fans fear and hate us. UT's upset win over us is their biggest win in years....years ago it wouldn't have been a big deal to them. We are threat to go undefeated every year and we can play with anybody, anywhere, any week.

We own Clemson and they know it. Their fan base doesn't even expect to beat us anymore.

Maybe the biggest thing is that next year the SEC Network, who could pick any body and any game, opens their doors in Columbia South Carolina. Who would thought that ten years ago.

Young folks, enjoy these times.
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote