View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 04:38 PM   #7
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Acock's Wrap Up: Wisconsin

After reading your write up, I find nothing to disagree with. The biggest issue I have is, "Why expect a better outcome next year?"

1. Offense:

You can argue we will be fine here. Maybe we will even improve a little from an OL standpoint, but QB will be a wash at best. We are certainly in a better spot than others in the country when it comes to our backup but Shaw was amazing at the end. WR, we have some young guys who need to step up. Tight End is still a strength we need to find again. Running backs, we will be even better next year in my opinion with Davis, Wilds, Williams as the main three.

2. Defense:

I can't see us being better here. I know we have a lot of young guys who will have valuable experience and another year in a college S&C program, but we are losing a great deal of talent that especially helped us pressure the QB. Almost the entire 2 deep gone for CB's, 3 new starters on the DLine. The bright spot of the defense may be the Linebackers in terms of skill and depth, but as you said that means we need to be aggressive from the middle of the field which opens up some opportunities for short passing games. We finished 3rd overall defense in the SEC this year, I just don't see how we replicate the production on the Defensive Line from a pressure standpoint.

3. Special Teams:

I honestly believe Damier Byrd has single-handedly kept up the illusion of our kickoff coverage for awhile now. Something needs to change here, and fast.