View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 06:31 PM   #10
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Carolina football coaching future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
Guys, you're missing the point. I'm not asking how long he will stay. I'm simply posing a question for the fun of discussing it, who follows arguably our best coach ever? More accurately who do you want to follow him?

As long as he can get talent in here and develop them and enjoy it I'll be fine if he does stay for another 10 years.

It's kind of pointless to discuss who should replace him if we expect him to leave in 4-5 years because the landscape of college football coaching will be much different. A better question would be if Spurrier were to walk away today, who would we get to be our coach.

I have to agree that Stoops is someone to watch in the future. He's got a great rapport with Spurrier and seems to like USC.

As for how long I think Spurrier will be here...I think a lot of it is dependent on his success. If he realizes he's starting to lose it and we start losing games he will walk away before we need to "push him out". As long as he keep winning like he's winning now then I think he's got a solid 5 years in him. He's said he doesn't want to coach til death.