View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 11:23 PM   #13
IMACOCK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
IMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot material
Default Re: How do I find out how the pollsters voted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
Robert Cessna, what'a douche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
Who is the moron that voted us 10th?
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
Funny he gave us our lowest and clemson their highest. Hmmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
I noticed that too. But he's an aggie writer, so what would his reason be?
I emailed him and asked what his reasoning was in ranking us behind clemson, Missouri and UCF even though we beat all three. He had some valid points but I don't necessarily agree with them. He seems like a decent enough guy.

His response:

Quote:
After the first two, it came down to splitting hairs. I moved around many teams several times for about 30 minutes, including South Carolina. I've always thought Spurrier does a great job.

The upside for South Carolina was beating the three times you mention, but the downers were the losses to Georgia and Tennessee. Missouri was 5-2 against ranked team. Mizzou also won the division, beating two teams that South Carolina didn't. Clemson lost to the best team in the nation and to its rival on the road, but rebounded to beat a good Ohio State team in the Orange Bowl.

I don't have any problem with getting questioned. It's one man's thoughts. I also had Central Florida higher than most and it lost only to South Carolina, maybe a game UCF should have won.

I certainly see your point, as did the majority of the voters as South Carolina was No. 4 in both polls and Clemson No. 7 and No. 8 (a few coaches must have thought like me).

I am looking forward to the trip to S. Carolina next year (A&M has played at Clemson), that's if I don't lose my job over poor voting.

Have a good year

Robert
IMACOCK is offline   Reply With Quote