View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 01:18 AM   #13
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material
Default Re: Texas booster Red McCombs bashes Charlie Strong Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightohhthree View Post
I couldn't believe the Audio when I heard it. This is why Texas is the most hated program in college football. The entitlement is sickening.

They act like the biggest NFL coaches and college coaches are going to drop everything they are doing and start duking it out because the job in Austin is open.

Personally I thought the Strong hire was very good, but apparently the some of the folks in Austin don't think so. We all know about Strong though, Red McCombs says he thinks that Charlie "would be a good position coach", and that the hire was "a kick in the face".

Im positive that 80% of their fan base, including this booster don't realize that Charlie is a proven commodity in the SEC with a decade worth of work. Charlie has earned everything he's gotten, and I hope he proves the ALL wrong. Im sure he will.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ie-strong-hire
Wonder what they would have said if they Hired Spurrier. THIS IS AWESOME.. is something that comes to mind.. too bad for them lol