View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 05:33 PM   #11
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Maddux & Glavine first ballot HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
I've seen Glavine and Maddux pitch countless times when I was younger. I was spoiled enough to go to at least one game a month with my siblings. I've witnessed some masterful performances by both over the years. I always thought Maddux was some kind of magician. He didn't have the power to blow you away, but he was an absolute genius, and had the accuracy of a sniper.

Was always convinced you could place a strike-anywhere match on a stand at home plate, and Maddux could throw a pitch and light it.
His back door pitches were ridiculous. I've seen so many hitters take strike 3 looking at a pitch that seemed outside, but at the last second would catch the plate.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote