View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #13
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: 1999 We've come a LONG way

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Which goes back to prove, Lou Holtz did just as much for our University/Program, as Steve Spurrier is doing. Lou Holtz was the guy to get us out of the dumps and get people talking about South Carolina Football in a positive way. He wasn't the guy we needed to stand against the powers to be or improve facilities, but he was the guy we needed on Saturdays to get us on the right path. I remember in the early Spurrier years people used to blast Coach Holtz because of his final season, and some of the (minor) issues he left behind. To me, Lou Holtz deserves just as much praise for where our program is now, as Steve Spurrier does.
I agree.
The only thing Lou did wrong was that he stayed on too long.
He should've left after the second outback bowl and given the program to one of his assistance (I think Charlie Strong was still on staff), or Skip. Of course, if that happened, we probably don't get Spurrier.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote