View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 02:14 AM   #5
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit
Default Re: Preseason game/Playoff idea.

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
19 games for a college team is pretty brutal, i just dont see how large playoffs like this can work b/c of the # of games it would take to finish the tournament out i think 8 is going to be where it ends up at
I think it will end up at 8 as well, but the fcs champion, and runner up, play 17 games a year with no bye weeks. So that is the ultimate brutal Imo.( this playoff follows the same format as the FCS) This is my dream scenario, and it's not like every team plays 19 games it would take a #9-24 seed to make it to the final game, and play in their conference championship. So most likely 17 to 18 games played by the champ/runner up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
That would be a lot of games.
Yep, but imagine the added weeks of College football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tag View Post
Yeah you would definitely either have to pay players or let them go to the draft their sophomore years if this were even to be considered.
I think the first problem was when the season games was extended from 9, to 10 ,to 11, and ended up at 12. Even when retaliation was met before the games per season increased.

How about this:

- Get rid of the 2 preseason games all together. So 10 games a season.

-16 team playoff, same style, conf champs get in, 6 at large teams, but no bye weeks for top seeds. Motivation for higher seeds is to play potentially weaker competition on the way to the NCG.

14 games, or 15 games depending if the champion/runner up played in their conference championship game.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote