View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 05:56 PM   #8
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Eric Hyman Saved South Carolina and Made it Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabu1 View Post
At least hyman had a plan to make carolina competitive, unlike the patch it up approach of his predecessors. If mcgee was never given the means to make us succeed, he should have resigned. Where was his approach to facilities? He hired spurrier which was a no brainer. But he hired brad scott which an even bigger abomination than horn. My take on hyman was that his philosophy was to give his coaches the tools to succeed, unlike mcgee who's mantra was that you had to win first before a coach would get better facilities. Was hyman perfect, no? Neither was mcgee and his charming personality. But he had the balls to make the necessary changes needed to get our athletic dept to the next level. It pissed off a lot of folks but we are reaping the rewards of it now.
Hyman propoganda. McGee certainly upgraded the facilities. He pulled the trigger and got rid of Brad Scott, who was hired by McGee's predescessor not McGee. After Scott, McGee hired Lou Holtz. He also hired Ray Tanner away from NC State. McGee upgraded the facilities, but he did not have as much money as came rolling in through loans and the SEC affiliation as Hyman. Hyman should get credit for upgrading the facilities. But that would have happened anyway IMO.

The thing I don't like about Hyman is his arrogant attitude. The first thing he did when he came in was to trash McGee and Brad Edwards. I never have liked people who think they need to trash their predescessor to make themselves look good. Now, as he has been gone for over two years, here he is trying to take credit for South Carolina's success. Arrogance. Arrogance.

He did not play one down. He did not hire one a great coach at any revenue sport. The jury is still out on Frank Martin. Let's hope at least that part of Hyman's legacy works out.

I forgot about his decision to reject Greg Marshall. I still do not understand how he chose to pass him up.

Oh yeah. It was also his incompetence that got the football team NCAA sanctions due to his misinterpretation of the NCAA rules.