Originally Posted by spurrierismyhomeboy
The Horn hire was maybe the single biggest mistake in USC basketball history, it set our program back YEARS! He had one lucky tournament success at WKU. Also has anybody tried to hire Horn after we fired him? Also this hire was made after the mistake of keeping Odom on another year, because he had the media in his back pocket. Garcia has gone "on record" saying that Hyman had a personal vendetta against him. Look how he handled Johnny Football compared to Garcia, difference is Johnny Football has a Heisman. Yea, hating Hyman for Carolina Girls is pretty dumb, but I'm gonna do it anyway for fun. Don't forget he screwed around with Tanner and the baseball program when he got here to, by not giving Tanner a well deserved raise. Tanner almost ended up at Texas A&M.
Maybe it's just me, but out of everything you just said that DID happen (not including Ray Tanner, because that DIDN'T happen) the only "problem" I see is the Horn hiring. I agree that was dumb, and we could've gotten someone else. But outside of that, I personally don't see a problem.
The Garcia and Manziel situations are completely different in my opinion. Does everyone even know the Manziel situation? Let's take a look at the differences.
- Arrested in 2012 ; pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor (Fighting and Poss. of Fake ID)
- Halloween turned him into internet sensation
- The off-season of partying with superstars and courtside seats
- Casino trip after bowl: Legally gambling
- Online class schedule b/c he couldn't handle going to campus
- Scuff at practice
- Twitter timeout
- Social Media loopholes
- "Over slept" at Manning Camp
- Autograph signing troubles
- Arrested for Failure to stop for a Police Officer and Underage Drinking
- Suspended for keying a prof car
- Ticketed AGAIN for Underage drinking and playing with a fire extinguisher.
- Chick-Fil-A team rules broken
- SEC Leadership meeting suspension
- "Substance abuse test"
- Garcia left program.
So for the record: Manziel got introuble with the law off the field ONCE and all other "troubles" were media based with very little reaction by Hyman or anyone at A&M. Garcia was arrested once, and ticketed twice by the Police, and then suspended a total of 5 times for other team-rules breaking. The final straw being a drug test...
So, if someone could somehow find a way to show me how those two cases are related........