Re: FBI Special Agent Connor Shaw
Here is a synopsis of some of the action or key elements (trying not to give it all away):
1) Kayakers attacked by orcas (freak accident; orcas are not normally aggressive toward humans -- indirect tribute to Dawn Brancheau at USC with a positive message about nature)
2) Mountain lion attack during a blizzard (the mountain lion was starving to death -- I explain why in the book; again, a positive message about nature)
3) Interaction between a wolverine and a Gigantopithecus (Originally in China; believed to have died out 20,000 years ago; nearly ten foot tall hominoid which now has a remnant population surviving in the Pacific Northwest, aka Sasquatch)
4) National Geographic expedition to the Amazon to photograph the Mapinguari (cryptid most likely to be a remnant Giant Ground Sloth)
5) Special group of Canadian Girl Scouts ("Girl Guides" is what the Canucks call them) who are all totally deaf -- they go on a survival trek in the Olympic National Park of Washington state.
6) Young Kenyan girl who saves her little brother from an attack by a black mamba.
7) Shrunken head and voodoo dolls sent as a warning from a serial killer.
8) Marine Corps extraction team using Ospreys (vertical take-off and landing) for a combination rescue/search and destroy mission.
9) Rare arctic supercell which meteorologists name Rasputin. Has all the traits of a tropical hurricane, but much more deadly and totally unpredictable.
10) Karelian bear dogs for search and rescue, black footed ferret, wolverine, australian shepherd, cougar, golden eagle, bald eagle, three-toed sloth
11) First tissue sample from a real Gigantopithecus
12) World famous athlete and his supermodel wife (who is a top designer) -- these are real people that you might recognize
Cream the Kadiddlehoppers!