View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #12
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default Re: What It Was Like Back Then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
I was in elem then HS during that era.

There were lots and lots of people that got into Gamecock basketball during that era and the whole state of SC basically became a basketball state.

Some of the tourney games were during the day, so people had their radios on and would keep others abreast of the progress if possible.

In those days, the radio was huge...it was your lifeline to something happening in your imagination and the announcers were artists who tried to paint a mental picture for you if they could.
^
Sooo Right !
Bob Fulton doing Basketball and Football (some baseball) PxP in those
days. Was how I got my "Fix" of Gamecock sports from 1965 to 1970(is).
When I get my mental flashbacks of my early great memories of Gamecock Sports
Every one of them include the voice of Bob Fulton making the call of the
plays.