View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #17
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover
Default Re: What It Was Like Back Then

I have stories I learned from my Dad. He was sports editor for The Columbia Record back then and covered a ton of the ACC basketball games.

You think Clemson and South Carolina hate each other...you should have seen the hate in basketball especially between North Carolina and South Carolina...my Dad would go up to Chapel Hill and cover games between us and the fans were absolutely terrible. They would throw things at the players and coaches. They would yell terrible stuff. My mom would go with my Dad and sit with all the press' wives and coaches wives. They were treated terrible.

This started my dislike of North Carolina after hearing all these stories. BUT it just wasn't North Carolina, all the North Carolina schools in the ACC were bad. No one liked each other at all.

I was only a baby when all this went on...I so wish I had been older and able to see and be a part of it.