View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 01:49 AM   #19
Gamecock303
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Boyd Struggling at Sr Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaichon View Post
Not intended as smack at all, but I think he's been one of the more overrated QBs in the last 5 years or so. None of this is surprising.
higher # of passes thrown in games=inflated stats, which is all that some people pay attention to.

add to it that offenses have evolved faster than defenses and you have some QBs who have really great stats but who are putting up those stats throwing to receivers who are wide open (I never watch a ton of Clemson but I don't ever really remember seeing Boyd completing a ton a tough throws into tight windows, a lot of the ones I remember seeing him complete are to receivers that don't have defenders within 5 yards of them).

plus a lot of the new rules/emphasis really favor offenses.
Gamecock303 is offline   Reply With Quote