View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 01:08 AM   #14
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney/Agent to sue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnahs View Post
Well where should it stop, at a local sub shop, a regional truck stop, a national chain? He's the one that made his name, so who should profit? Read a book.. I'm sure the ones on here bitching that it's not a big deal have never been in the position Clowney is in, & all the talk about athletes being stupid w/their $, well here is an example of representation looking out for their clients financial security, no matter how petty some think it is.
Oh I agree completely. I was just making a joke. Would this thread be going on currently if instead of "Jadeveon Clowney sub" it was called the "Clowney Club"? I agree that a player should have the right to make profit of HIS name, but that argument goes both ways. When does the name stop becoming his? Clowney has a unique last name, probably less than 1000 US Citizens have it. But say, Michael Roth...Roth isn't as unique. Could people use his last name to make a profit?