View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 12:02 PM   #1
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Starting a suit wardrobe

I think there was a thread on this a while back, but I used the search function and could not find it- I apologize. Also, I know that there are probably more relevant forums for this kind of question, but I remember reading some helpful information the last time a thread of this type was on here.

To the point, I am wanting to build a wardrobe of nicer clothing, specifically some suits. Although my work allows us to dress pretty casually (golfshirt, khakis, sperries, etc), I am considering "dressing for the job I want, not the one I have". I assume that if I want to be able to wear a suit every day, that I will need atleast 5 different suits (please correct me if there's a more sensible way to go about this). I've recently purchased a pretty basic charcoal suit at Mens Wearhouse on Harbison (in Columbia), and it ended up being a little over $300 after alterations. I asked them about their BOGO, and they said that only applies to the more expensive suits, which start around $500/suit. Does anyone have recommendations for a better value? I am looking mainly for value, not necessarily a premium suit, being as my job is not one that requires hobknobbing with wealthy executives or anything even close to that. That being said, I do want something that has a stylish/slim appearance.

So, my question is- is Mens Wearhouse the best value? Should I go Joseph A Banks? Maybe something else? Also, I already have a charcoal suit, and I'd like to add a blue and black for sure. What other recommendations do you all have? Thanks in advance for your input.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote