View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 12:10 PM   #3
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material
Default Re: Starting a suit wardrobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
I think there was a thread on this a while back, but I used the search function and could not find it- I apologize. Also, I know that there are probably more relevant forums for this kind of question, but I remember reading some helpful information the last time a thread of this type was on here.

To the point, I am wanting to build a wardrobe of nicer clothing, specifically some suits. Although my work allows us to dress pretty casually (golfshirt, khakis, sperries, etc), I am considering "dressing for the job I want, not the one I have". I assume that if I want to be able to wear a suit every day, that I will need atleast 5 different suits (please correct me if there's a more sensible way to go about this). I've recently purchased a pretty basic charcoal suit at Mens Wearhouse on Harbison (in Columbia), and it ended up being a little over $300 after alterations. I asked them about their BOGO, and they said that only applies to the more expensive suits, which start around $500/suit. Does anyone have recommendations for a better value? I am looking mainly for value, not necessarily a premium suit, being as my job is not one that requires hobknobbing with wealthy executives or anything even close to that. That being said, I do want something that has a stylish/slim appearance.

So, my question is- is Mens Wearhouse the best value? Should I go Joseph A Banks? Maybe something else? Also, I already have a charcoal suit, and I'd like to add a blue and black for sure. What other recommendations do you all have? Thanks in advance for your input.
I've got a couple of suits from Joseph A. Banks over the years and they have held up really well. They aren't Armani but pretty good quality for the price. I would wait until they have one of their specials on and then snag a couple.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote