View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #11
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material
Default Re: Starting a suit wardrobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
I recently had my measurements done at Mens Wearhouse (obviously), so I suppose that next time I go in there to pick up my suit I could ask them to provide me with my measurements. Hopefully they could print something off for me.

This brings me to another question... I had to get a specific suit from them because I'm in a bridal party that is booked through them. I went in to the store, they took my measurements and then had to order the suit because they were out of stock of it at that location. I went back in a week later to try it on for tailoring and the thing must have had a 28 waist on it (I'm a 32 at best). I could barely get the pants on and he said they would take it out for me no problem, but the alterations ended up costing slightly more than originally estimated. Is this normal practice? Why wouldn't they order a suit with my correct waist size? Is it a good idea to take a waist out that much? The whole thing just struck me as odd.
I'm no tailor or expert on the matter, but 4 inches being let out of a brand new pair of suit pants seems very extreme to me especially considering you have an average sized waist. I don't think I would accept that suit from them or at the very least would expect the alterations to be free. I think they may be trying to take advantage of the fact that you are part of a wedding party and pretty much have to get your suit there.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote