View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 11:28 PM   #10
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Five Veteran Players In Hot Soup With Holbrook

As I referenced dissapointment in my last post, this is from TBS:

Quote:
When you talk about off the field, are you talking about the way they conduct themselves in their personal lives?
It’s just some things they need to handle in a better way. There’s some accountability with being a baseball player here at South Carolina. We expect them to do certain things. When they don’t, it’s disappointing, but they’re youjng kids, too. They’re good kids and I love them to death, but it’s the first weekend of practices and I shouldn’t have to be talking about that.
It was just little team stuff. No one is in trouble with the law or anything. It’s stuff we ask them to do - showing up on time, being in the right place at the right time, doing what you’re supposed to do - all of those kinds of things are important. When some veteran leaders of your team don’t do what you ask them to do, it’s disappointing. They’ll be fine. We’ll get them going here tomorrow. Sixty-four degrees tomorrow, we’ll have a great workout tomorrow. They’ll sleep tomorrow night, I can assure you of that.
Media will blow this out of proportion without knowing the cause, but Holbrook said himself that "they'll be fine", and insinuated that he will run them for punishment. Also said that Wynkoop might make a midweek start or two before joining the weekend rotation (if that be his destination). He seems to be extra-ticked at Wynkoop more than anyone else. Which is shocking seeing as Wynkoop has never been in any trouble while at Carolina.