View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 10:49 PM   #18
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Skill positions in the past 2 signing classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
I do think it is possible for Wilds, likely for Davis. I think we'll do just as we did this year - run when it's working, pass when it isn't and make those adjustments in-game. We should have been able to run against Clemson, but they crowded the line (as in several of their games) and we beat them with passes and QB runs. Tennessee stacked and dared us to beat them through the air, but our passing game was off, and Conner just couldn't escape the pressure (plus fumbles). We should have the weapons offensively to adjust and score points. Nosovitch is a good running/passing QB if the defense dictates it. Dylan can run some, especially in zone read and draw situations - he's just no Connor. Mitch should be developing, but as more of a shotgun throwing threat. I expect a lot of pistol next year with the multiple running styles our tailbacks have:
Davis: Great cutter, good speed, good power, elusive, good vision.
Wilds: Good power and lean, very good speed, straight-ahead guy.
Carson: Excellent burst, very good speed, straight-line runner, not powerful.
Williams: Excellent speed, good cutter, excellent vision, elusive.

Imagine Williams or Davis out of the pistol, able to pick a hole or bounce outside. If Wilds or Carson get past the second level on inside zone plays, either could be gone. Davis or Wilds out of the I with a Hback or FB blocker in short yardage. I hope Spurrier loves the run and the OL makes it sweet. If we can run it well, our passing game should be set up nicely.
From what I have seen Davis is faster than Wilds, but other than that I agree :)