View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 05:11 PM   #12
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
ipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPit
Default Re: The Red hot chili peppers

The Chili Peppers have been my favorite band since the late '90s. Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Californication, and By The Way are three of my favorite albums ever. Some outstanding singles from these albums, but what made the albums great is that I can't think of any weak tracks. Songs like "Funky Monks," "If You Have To Ask," and "Apache Rose Peacock" from Blood Sugar Sex Magik; "Easily," "This Velvet Glove," and "Savior" from Californication; and "Midnight," "Cabron," and "Venice Queen" on By The Way were never radio hits but are some of my favorite songs ever.

Stadium Arcadium was decent but way too long, it had a few gems mixed with a lot of weaker tracks. I'm With You was also decent, a few great tunes and a few that I will never listen to again. However, these last two albums can't touch Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Californication, and By The Way.

As for One Hot Minute, the album is better than its reputation. However, it got a bit too weird for my tastes at times. For instance, in the track "Transcending" the first half of the song is magic, and then it goes off the rails into unlistenable chaos. Just not my cup of tea.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote