View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 05:55 PM   #17
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material
Default Re: Anybody up for a trip to Utah?

Not to be even remotely insensitive to what happened, but something just seems off about this. I am fairly certain that kids who can't pay qualify for free or reduced lunch (a Fed program). One would think that if a family is having a hard time paying, they would be signed up for that. If not, one would think that this was just a case of a parent missing payment and that wouldn't be a repeated thing warranting this type of response.

If it happened, the school is definitely in the wrong. It just seems odd to me.

Usually with this type of story, you never get the whole truth from either side. The schools get painted as evil and the parents get painted as saints or vice versa depending on the story. Most often it is the former.

It almost seems like one of those stories that the news gets wrong, but they never go back and fix it. Like that kid who kissed his teacher but the news reported it as an innocent kid who was just hugging his teacher. Yeah, they never went back and told the truth on that with the same vigor that they used when they had it wrong.

I love the hard hitting investigative reporting done by consulting the school's Facebook page.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote