View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #7
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material
Default Re: cheap international phone calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucktown Gamecock View Post
This is probably stupid question, but I'm going to the UK soon so I'll put it out there. Does that mean the wi-fi works on the Iphone the same as it does here?

I don't anticipate needing to make calls, but that way I can send emails/facebook messages if I need to.
Contact your cell phone provider and add the UK to your bill for the month you will be there, it is fairly cheap, don't forget to ask about texting as well. You have to be careful about pushed information that will be downloaded to your phone when you arrive in the UK. This typically uses data and not Wifi. Foreign cost for using data is very expensive unless you have a plan prior to going. You will need to turn off most all applications to avoid this. Even things like map apps use wifi to connect, but they use data to locate your current location.

Wifi is everywhere but many places make you register to get it for free.