View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #3
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material
Default Re: Furman to discontinue men's golf program

As a furman alum and avid golfer, that saddens me greatly. I had lots of good friends who played golf there not to mention Brad Faxon. The women's program has been more successful but it makes no sense to cut men's golf except due to title ix but at a private school is title IX enforced? The basketball team is about as successful as the golf team and I would honestly bet that a majority of big donors care more about golf than other sports except maybe football...

Furman is becoming more and more concerned about money than ever before...tuition is skyrocketing...oh well guess my donations to purple tee club will end...the more I hear out of Furmna, the more I realize it is no longer the place I attended

...of course our most famous sports alum is a soccer player and at least we have lacrosse, lol...what a ****ing joke...create one sport and cut another
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote