View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 05:26 PM   #4
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gamecocks No. 1 on fall academic honor roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
I will say this with perspective.

Does this mean we are better than Vanderbilt academically? No.
But what this does tell me is that our coaches, support staff, and more importantly, our players go to class, go to study hall and take advantage of all the help offered to them, and work hard.

Because these guys, especially the football players, never quit going to school. I believe they take 2-3 classes during the season, 4 in the spring semester and are in maymester, Summer I and Summer II, while doing winter condition, spring practice and summer workouts.
Having class throughout the year is a good idea. Idle hands and all...

Our athletes are amazing but this is the norm under our current athletic administration. Is it coincidence that we have led the SEC in this measure for 8 years and Spurrier has been here 9?