View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 10:36 PM   #9
uscgrad68
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 616
uscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his combuscgrad68 is developing his comb
Default Re: Help me find cheap desktop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Looking at that now, that is a great deal. Going to look more into it now and see if it has enough RAM slots, etc to really be what I need.

Also, I thought I read that PCs with Windows 8 can somehow be downgraded to Windows 7 free of charge? I don't like Windows 8 at all...but imagine I could figure to live with it if needed. Don't suppose I could use my current license from my dead PC to install Win7?
I bought a laptop with Windows 8 and tried to get Staples technical support to convert it to Windows 7, like my second laptop. They said that they had tried it with someone else and it did not work. So, if you find someone who tells you differently and it works, please post the results.

At the same time, Windows 8 is OK. You get used to it - just a few key clicks and I can easily do the same thing as on my windows 7 computer.
uscgrad68 is offline   Reply With Quote