View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 01:12 PM   #7
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material
Default Re: Under Armour May Be Part of Olympic Dissappointment

Under Armour's development department has taken plenty of flak over the years for design and construction issues that affect their competition-level apparel.

I guess that we can chalk it up to the brand's learning curve when it comes to uniforms.

Sports apparel makers like Nike, Addidas and Reebok test their garments and equipment in simulated environments using humans and also computer simulations to identify bugs and problems that arise.

I do not know if UA does things differently or even just use athletes in actual competition as a final testing board - opposed to the years of testing and development the other brands put into their stuff.

This is all assuming, of course, that these issues are affecting performance and it is not all just in the heads of the wearers.