Thread: Lacrosse
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 04:35 PM   #4
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Lacrosse

Absolutely. I honestly enjoy the game of Lacrosse more than any other. My son has played travel lacrosse for the last five years...just started his fifth. It is by far the fastest growing sport in the country. From both a boys and girls standpoint and the number of college programs is getting ready to explode. The number of kids who have dropped baseball/softball because of how radically slow paced and boring it is and picked up a lax stick is ridiculous. Especially kids who like the contact and non-stop action of sports like football, hockey and basketball...I think five of the 20 kids on my son's team also just got finished up with middle school wrestling as well.

I've been a fan since I was a kid but growing up in SC meant no one I knew played it. That is a thing of the past now. Everyone is playing it now and as I said it is by far the fastest growing sport in the country by a long shot.

The days of only private schools from Baltimore and New York playing are long gone. Places like Colorado, California, Florida, Virginia, NC, Washington, Oregon, Utah, etc. are seeing youth baseball /softball numbers plummet and Lacrosse explode.

Last edited by LBC; 02-19-2014 at 06:50 AM.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote