View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 07:03 PM   #7
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK
Default Re: PS3 Blinking Red Light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
First off I don't wanna hear anything about xbox.

Second has anyone had success using either the hair dryer in the box or opening the console and removing and reinserting the Hard drive? I've had the thing for 7 years and this is the first problem. I'm not dropping $500 on a PS4 at this time. But if need be I'll put money down on a used PS3 but I thought I would give some of the you tube fixes first. Just wondering if anyone else had successfully brought their PS3 back from the dead?
I had the same issue with first gen a while back and I reflowed mine successfully several times. They used lead free solder which can't withstand the heat and eventually cracks. The heat paste breaks down and no longer transfers heat to the heatsink to cool it down. If you want to keep your ps3 get it reballed that will last a while. If you are going to replace it and want the game try turning ps3 main power off then push and hold eject button as you turn main power back on. It should beep and flash then eject your disc. All of that was from memory about three years ago so hopefully it's correct. If you want to reflow , it isn't hard I can send you the videos I used.