View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 07:11 PM   #1
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2178
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material
Default Thoughts on the Opening Series

It was Bucknell. I wasn't impressed by their team, a squad picked to finish fourth in the Patriot League behind Army, Navy, and Holy Cross. I saw a lot of mistakes on their part that would not likely happen if we were playing an SEC team. Still, here are the positives.

I like the infield defense. DC Arendas looks like a slick fielding 3B with a bat. Mooney was solid at shortstop. With English in Center and Greiner behind the plate, we are very solid up the middle defensively.

The offense was helped a lot by walks, hit batters, errors, and poor defensive positioning. How many seeing eye singles did we get?

The pitching was outstanding. It is hard to be critical of a pitcher who throws a near no-no. Still, I thought Crowe seemed to have some difficulty spotting his change up. An SEC lineup is going to sit on the fastball until he proves he can throw strikes with the off speed stuff. Unlike the Bucknell hitters, an SEC team is going to have guys that can hit fastballs.

I admit I had some honey-do interruptions and did not get to watch all of the outing.