View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 09:17 PM   #16
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 38 Things You Will Never Experience Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
I do think there is some validity in regards to his comments, basically in reference to the "always online" lifestyle kids lead today.

All generations before didn't have that...it is unique to the current children's generations and all going forward.

I'd bet it is a statistical fact that less kids play outside today and have a smaller circle of friends within their own neighborhood compared to generations before them.

But to recognize the negatives without the positives is not intellectually honest. Sure, they're always connected- but as a result, the generation, as a whole, is trending towards greater levels of empathy. Bullying I becoming less of an accepted part of childhood. Kids are actually becoming more introspective and self aware than previous generations as the same age due to the variety of cultures that they are constantly exposed to while always being connected.

Of course, someone will come along and offer anecdotal evidence of the kid they know or some story they read that contradicts this, but that is to be expected.