View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 11:53 AM   #1
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material
Default Cooking accident

Cooking tip-

Never use identical pans at the same time when one of those pans has been in a 500 degree oven.

I was making seared duck breast w/ hoisin glaze over shiitake mushroom risotto.

I had rendered the fat on the range and and popped the breasts into the over for 8 minutes to finish cooking. Long story short I dumped the mushrooms into the risotto and had the duck breast cooling on the cutting board. I grabbed the hot pan without a mit thinking that it was the cool pan that had once contained the mushrooms.

Got a nasty 2nd degree burn on the palm of my hand and fingers. Cool water stopped the pain but after an hour in the water my hand was a prune so I pulled it out and bit my lip and cursed like a sailor for 30 minutes with a searing stabbing pain in my hand. Eventaully it bubbled up into huge blisters and the pain went away (might have also been the vicodin and bottle of Penfolds).

Good news is that after just one week my hand was pretty close to normal and after 2 weeks, you'd never know what a mess it once looked like.

Stay safe out there fellow Epicureans.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote