View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 01:01 PM   #8
jared
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb
Default Re: Minor League Baseball in Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Actually baseball has been played in Columbia past mid June for quite a few years now. We had the Columbia Blowfish of the Coastal Plains League, a summer wooden bat league for college players.

The problem they will run into with the housing and attracting families is the school zone. The area is zoned for CA Johnson High and its feeder schools. Schools that are not exactly top priority as far as the powers that be in Richland 1 have ever been concerned.

I heard that one proposal had money being put into a charter type school for the families that (they hope) will move into the area. Yeah...that will go over really well with the folks already in that area. Let's throw a bunch of money at a new school instead of trying to improve the failing schools in the area.
Yeah I know we have the Blowfish but a minor league team would pretty much ruin them. Their attendance is pretty bad and they only have about 25 home games. Thats mainly why I didn't mention them.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote