View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 07:24 AM   #8
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 5445
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material
Default Re: Columbia School Districts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
Problem is- a lot of those bad reputation schools are places where the teachers are not provided the tools needed to teach, forcing many teachers to go out and buy supplies out of their own pocket (and God bless those teachers who do)

Also, not every teacher is prepared to play the role of Michelle Pfeifer in Dangerous Minds. I know that's a bit of an exaggeration but I think you get the point.
I am well aware about buying supplies. However, there are many ways to assist this problem, if even encountered. Grant writing, fund raising and donations come to mind.

I realize that not everyone is cut out to be in the worst of the worst schools but I think all teachers should want to be challenged, to want to help and to not just limit themselves to only "great schools."