View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 10:55 AM   #16
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default Re: Columbia School Districts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
I've seen many effective arguments against Common Core, and how it hamstrings teachers, removing their ability to teach according to their audience (meaning recognizing not all classes respond to an approach the same way- there is no one size fits all)

I actually teach adults often in my line of work (training) and I know that there can be no one size fits all. Every audience is different.
Pedagogy vs standards are not the same thing.

Your bolded statement is a sweeping generalization and is not a true statement. If teachers are taught to differentiate their instruction, their effectiveness will soar.

So, how do you differentiate your instruction in order to reach your multiple intelligences that you teach?

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote