View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 11:21 AM   #12
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Re: Another Spurrier quote

I'll say it again for those of you who don't like gimmick offenses. This isn't just about gimmick offenses. Yes, we run a different style of offense. We prefer eating the clock and holding onto the ball. We have beaten teams regardless of which type of offense they have so it's no issue for our defense.

However, this rule hurts all teams. I go back to what I said in the football rules thread. Remember the game against Missouri where we were down 17 and had to come back in the 4th to tie with 15 secs left? Do you think we win that game when 10 seconds are required to run off when we were trying to come back in that game? No. I'm pretty sure we would have lost at least 15 seconds at some point in the game and we don't get a chance to tie.