View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 08:34 AM   #1
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Last night was the saddest college baseball game I've ever seen

The atmosphere was embarrassing for a home team. The pre game music was Bugs Bunny, followed by Zombie Nation, then BLACK BOX (really sad), then Centerfield, then Black Eyed Peas, then whatever techno song it is that starts off "y'all ready for this".

Sad. The music was almost intentionally unmotivational.

The away team had about 10 total fans but they were rocking the place. Heckling the home team's pitcher. They had him rattled. They owned the place. They jumped out to a huge lead and never looked back. The away fans were talking supreme shit.

The walk up songs were so bad, the opposing team's bench was ridiculing them as they were happening. One walkup song was "give me one reason to stay here" by Tracy Chapman. Another one came up as "Wake Me Up" by Avicii on Shazam. Lame. I assume they had to be chosen by the players because some of them were Jason Aldean and Lady Antebellum, which are songs a player might choose. So I'm assuming.

During the part where the cheer squad shoots the t-shirts into the crowd by sling shot, two times the shirt went over the bleachers into the parking lot, and one time it landed in the dugout. People were booing.

Then came the worst music, in between every inning, it was Thunderstruck. I mean each half inning, there they go blasting Thunderstruck. It was ugly.

I feel sorry for the home team recruits that they committed to go to that university and ended up playing for a team with such a shitty atmosphere. It's no wonder their record is crap. One of the bench players should be designated DJ or something, at least it would have been a little better. Maybe.

I will never talk shit about our baseball stadium again. The Sarge was amazing, it was my life, but it's gone. I need to get over it. But at least our new place is not as bad as that place.

I don't want to disclose where it was but I think it's a Big 12 team. Not sure
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote