View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 05:16 PM   #7
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
ipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPit
Default Re: Curtaining off the upper decks at Colonial Lifeless Arena?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
I attended games in college (between 2007-2011) where te arena was packed or all but packed. The year we upset Kentucky, 2008 I believe, the place was packed.

I get what you're saying though.. But there will always be outliers.
As far back as I can find Colonial Lifeless Arena attendance records, the highest % capacity we've had for a season was 73% capacity right around when we opened the new arena.

We had 61% capacity the year we made the NCAA Tournament in 2004. We averaged 7108 EMPTY SEATS every game in a year we made the Big Dance.

During the time period you cited, 2007-2011, we never averaged more than 68% capacity. And that was with vastly inflated attendance figures. Having attended every home game during that period, I can remember how laughable our inflated attendance numbers were.

Even with those vastly inflated numbers, we only "averaged" 8293 fans at last year's games, for 46% capacity.

We are currently "averaging" 52% capacity this season.

I write "average" in quotation marks because for the better part of the last decade we have been fudging attendance numbers by an absurd margin to make our numbers significantly higher. We actually have much less butts in the seats.

We have had a rare game here or there where the arena was decently full. These games, however, are few and far between.

Bottom line: we need to put curtains up. If we have a rare game where ticket sales are abnormally high, we can raise the curtains.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote