Thread: Bandwagon Fans
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 09:54 PM   #2
gAmkok
Eh.

Male

CockyCash: 200
gAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPit
Default Re: Bandwagon Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Bandwagon fans, I would like to say that once Frank Martin turns our program around, please do not bother coming to games. It's going to take Frank just as much time as it did Spurrier to make us top competitors in the SEC. Maybe not even that long but he will get it done. Support the program now! It really needs it. Go Cocks!
On one level, I agree with your sentiment. The fair weather fans, especially the ones who show up and act like they've been there all along, can be annoying.

But on another level, I believe the Gamecock basketball fan base has been so eroded over the years by poor teams, unpopular coaches (and some flat-out bad ones), and a general lack of commitment to the sport by the Ath Dept (historically speaking), that there aren't many die hards left. In order to build back a once robust following, we'll need to welcome the bandwagon fans and hope some of them stick around if times get lean again.

My opinion though. Take it for what it's worth.
gAmkok is offline   Reply With Quote