View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 10:29 PM   #16
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 97950
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material
Default Re: Any lawyers here? If so, I have a question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gamecock Outlaw View Post
So I filed my taxes today and got a huge surprise. I owe the Federal Government money. Turns out, my wife's employer (Oakwood Preschool) some how changed her dependents in 2012 to 10 from 0 without her consent. Since she didn't make much to begin with we didn't really even notice the difference in her checks. And last year we got a pretty good tax return. So there were no real red flags till this year. Now that we owe the government, what can we do to her employer since they obviously had to break some federal law?
No offense but whose fault is it really? You owe the money...pay it! Did you not notice an increase in take home percentage when the entire country is having more money taken out if their checks every day? I can see where you might be annoyed at her employer...but go ahead and sue them/get them in trouble and you won't have to worry about withholding I the future. Personal responsibility is a thing of the past...always someone else's fault.

I am not a lawyer but I pay my fair share of taxes and so should everyone else
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote