View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 05:50 PM   #13
CockTail
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney inadvertently swipes at Deke?

I love JC and think he has done wonders for our program. I am a Jags fan and hope he falls to us. I wish Spurrier had been more clear when asked about his work ethic.

That being said, essentially blaming your coaches for not pushing you is a really poor excuse and may be harder to defend than his on field play last year. Not sure what he is trying to accomplish. He says he pushed himself after Lawing left, but his play said otherwise. IMHO he should have simply said he took last year off and is now ready to work that he is entering the NFL. I understand he is getting lots of questions about his effort and work ethic, but passing blame is not the answer. Makes him look bad.

He is telling teams unless you have a coach who pushes me, I am not disciplined enough to get after it by my self.