Thread: End Times
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 11:24 PM   #7
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material
Default Re: End Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
One serious question to those who take the bible literally, how can it be taken literally when there are 4 different accounts of the same event and there are no similarities in the details, that is just looking at the birth and death. Obviously as in any case with any event there would be slight variances of minor details but the major details would be the same. Also the book of Revelation in which most people believe lays out the end of days was written at the same time as the persecution of the Christians under Nero which is where 666 comes from, so John obviously was writing about what has happened not what will happen. I ask this question to every person who takes the Bible literally and I have yet to be given an explanation as to why there are extreme differences of the events.
I think it's a stretch to say there are no similarities in the details, it's written from four different perspectives and I believe only 2 of the 4 were first hand accounts. Let me put it this way. I could go to a USC football game and come on here afterward and read about 100 very different accounts of what just happened.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote