Thread: End Times
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 11:56 PM   #11
auslander
Beach bum

Male

CockyCash: 710
auslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot material
Default Re: End Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I'm more of a Preterist. (http://www.preterist.org/ if you've never heard of it).

I believe that John was writing about the Roman empire in a coded language (the apocalyptic symbolism of many Old Testament books) that could only be interpreted by other Jews that understood the context. In that way he wrote a very subversive book that predicted the overthrow of Roman rule by Christianity, a prophecy, by the way, that came true.
This. One thing to keep in mind when reading the Bible (or any other book for that matter) is that it is written for a specific audience and as a result context plays a huge role in interpretation.