View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #1
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material
Default "The Power of Prayer"

OK, the "End Times" discussion gave me the courage to post this thread...and I'm honestly apprehensive as to the reactions it might elicit. I can only hope people are level-headed in their responses, and do not get emotional.

I would post this in the PF, but I do not have access to that forum.

What are your thoughts on the "power of prayer"?
What is this "power"?

Is it a power of community? (meaning it puts the community in your corner, since others are praying for you or something you're concerned with)

A power of the individual (sort of like the idea of the 'power of positive thinking')?

Maybe a combination of the previous two?

Or do you actually believe that, the more people who pray for you, the more likely God (or whatever higher being you may believe in) might intervene on your behalf (or on behalf of the concern for which you're praying)?

Reason I pose this question is because I've been thinking on it a lot the past few months. Specifically, the last point is something I've struggled with. I will expand on it further once I see some reactions / responses (must test the waters to see if, and how, emotional people get with this)

Thoughts?