View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 02:08 PM   #7
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21
Default Re: "The Power of Prayer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
I can understand that.

I do believe many people adhere to the 'power of prayer' due to a perception of it having 'worked' in the past.

I just can't help but wonder what such an idea says about our idea of the nature of God. When we believe God will intervene on a given matter only if we, or enough people, pray that God does so...then what does that say about God's nature?

That lonely old soul who has no one praying for him...but he's a righteous man, is he just SOL, because he doesnt know anyone? Man, that'd be a downer...
I think one person praying is just as important as multiple people praying. And I don't believe that is the only way that God will intervene. Sometimes he intervenes even without prayer. I believe he knows our desires/needs/concerns even without us having to voice them through prayer.