View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 02:13 PM   #8
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material
Default Re: "The Power of Prayer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
I think one person praying is just as important as multiple people praying. And I don't believe that is the only way that God will intervene. Sometimes he intervenes even without prayer. I believe he knows our desires/needs/concerns even without us having to voice them through prayer.
So, God is a reactionary God?

Also, if God knows our desires/needs/concerns without us having to voice them through prayer, then is prayer really necessary (to achieve the desired outcome)?

Not trying to be argumentative. I think this specific line of thought actually gets us closer to the true power of prayer; that of positive reinforcement through the individual uttering the prayer, while also keeping their focus on the goal / concern / issue. Meaning, its not so much about 'getting God to intervene on our behalf' because the 'decision' (though I hate calling it that) for God to intervene has already been 'decided' before we even choose to pray.

IMO, prayer is more so about the individual than it is about God.

Now, flame away for that last comment (not necessarily you, batgirl...)