View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 02:21 PM   #9
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21
Default Re: "The Power of Prayer"

No flame necessary. You have been very respectful in your statements/questions.

It's hard for me to explain. I can see how prayer can be more for the individual. It's almost like a way of releasing your concerns so that you can find some balance. You are turning things over in hopes of finding some peace. That is the aspect where it is absolutely more for the individual.

I feel I need to clarify my statement about him knowing our desires/needs/concerns even without prayer. It is simply part of my belief that He is all knowing. It comes with his omnipotent being. I guess I was using that example as I see prayer as a "to each his own" kind of action. There are some who don't pray. That's fine. That doesn't mean that God hasn't or won't help them if they need it. I hope that clarifies it some.

Prayer, for me, is my way of conversing with God. Even if it's something as simple as saying "Lord Help Me" when I am dealing with something difficult in a brief moment at work. Or it can be lengthy when something is troubling me. There are also times that something is weighing on me, I haven't had a chance to pray just yet, but the answer just comes to me.

FTR...I don't like labeling God as being this kind or that kind of God. But that's just me. He is what He is, and I don't presume to know exactly what that is either. All I know is that I believe in Him, and I believe in his Son as my savior.