View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #15
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21
Default Re: "The Power of Prayer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
I agree wholeheartedly about prayer being a conversation between the individual and God. Since conversation is a key aspect to any relationship, it makes sense for an individual to engage in prayer in this regard.

My struggle comes with reconciling the idea of "prayer requests"

Asking a group of people to pray for you or for some issue / concern is tough to understand for me. Aside from the obvious sense of community, which is an apparent benefit, the other side of "prayer requests" seems to imply that the more people you get to pray for you, the more "likely" God is to intervene on behalf of the concern. That's the tough one for me.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it...
It might be that you are reading more into it. And that's ok. It has lead you to ask questions that I hope have given you some clarity on the issue. There is nothing "wrong" with not responding to or taking part in a prayer request if that is of concern to you.

With prayer requests, I take the stance of "what could it hurt" to lift a quick prayer, even my regular prayer of "Peace be with you" that you see me post regularly here. For me, that covers any and all parts of the prayer request. What comes as the Lord's Peace is different for each person.