View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 02:38 PM   #17
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default Re: "The Power of Prayer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
I agree wholeheartedly about prayer being a conversation between the individual and God. Since conversation is a key aspect to any relationship, it makes sense for an individual to engage in prayer in this regard.

My struggle comes with reconciling the idea of "prayer requests"

Asking a group of people to pray for you or for some issue / concern is tough to understand for me. Aside from the obvious sense of community, which is an apparent benefit, the other side of "prayer requests" seems to imply that the more people you get to pray for you, the more "likely" God is to intervene on behalf of the concern. That's the tough one for me.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it...
You're not. The relationship between God and us is father and children. I enjoy listening to my children, even though I understand that their requests of me are that of an immature child. We, as Christians, have the Holy Spirit that intercedes on our behalf and helps (In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. Roamsn 8:26) us pray what we ought to pray.

Hope this helps